Post Office Box ER 3
Message from the Dean
Content coming soon
This is one of the main faculties of Tamale Technical University. The faculty envisions to provide an environment for excellence in teaching, learning and research in applied sciences and technology, and entrepreneurship for industrial and socio-economic development of Northern Ghana in particular, Ghana and Africa in totality.
Vision of the Faculty
The vision of the Faculty of Applied Sciences and Technology is to provide the environment for excellence in teaching, learning, and research in Applied Sciences and Technology, entrepreneurship for industrial and socio-economic development of Northern Ghana, Ghana and Africa.
Mission of the Faculty
The mission of the Faculty of Applied Sciences and Technology is to provide career focused education and training up to the tertiary level in Applied Sciences and Technology to fill the middle level and high manpower needs of the country and beyond.
- Train students to compete in a challenging world of technological advancement.
- Train students to be proficient in their fields and be able to function effectively locally and internationally.
- Increase the number and quality of tertiary programmes.
- Encourage research and publications by setting up a research and publication unit.
- Train students to acquire knowledge on a wide range of issues outside their chosen professions.
- Ensure the provision of adequate instruction, practical training, attachment and facilities for research for students
- Help students acquire mastery and proficiency in English Language and Computer Science.
- Establish collaborations with industries and international institutions for practical training of students in to meet current demands of the industries.
Departments in the Faculty:
Programmes in the Faculty
- BTech Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Higher National Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management (HTM)
- Higher National Diploma in Information and Communication Technology
- Higher National Diploma in Statistical Sciences
- Diploma in Industrial Information Technology
- Professional Diploma in Catering and Entrepreneurship
- Professional Diploma in Catering and Hospitality Management>
- Professional Diploma in Tourism Management